Sunday, June 11, 2017

Historic Mini Quilts Have A Home.


Goldentranscript recently had an article on a person that comes to me from
a past life!  I'm so excited to see that Tina Gravatt has a home for her 
marvelous mini quilts!  Now, others can enjoy her bountiful minis.

Tina has showcased 107 miniature quilts that represent 200 years of quilting history, approximately from the 18th Century to the present. There is a focus on American quilts, but also has styles from the Netherlands, Britain, Sweden, France and Hawaii in the mix.

She used these historical correct mini quilts to teach .  Each quilt is unique
with different techniques and designs correct to the time period.
Sometimes, she even had exact replicas of the beds to the time.
Now, this wonderful collection has gone to Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum,
Golden, Colorado
My connection with Tina is when I was Education Curator for Magnolia Mound Plantation
and she was one of the knowledgeable people who taught workshops during my tenure--
I look forward to visiting her collection in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Can’t!!

 It’s been almost two weeks since time change and I just can’t get my body turned around to adjust.  I know it’s only an hour BUT it’s that ...