Sunday, June 4, 2017

A Light Bulb Went Off.........................

Holy Smokes!  When I browse through my web reading list, I came across Melody Johnson's blog!  I love her work!  So colorful!  Delightful to look at!  And this time, the page hit me full in the face.............
several years ago, I did fabric swaps with other fiberists--we could do any design with our fabric--some dyed, some printed, some stamped, etc.  Any manipulation was acceptable--which means I have so many fabric swatches and I didn't know how to use them.

I did make a quilt using some of my natural dyed fabrics--loved the background fabric and wanted to use it.
This was a sampler quilt--each block using a
different technique

I enjoyed making the string star block

The background fabric was sheep!!

I made too many flying geese and didn't want to leave
them out--backing was a perfect way to use them.

Here are my bins with hand dyed fabrics

Some with manipulation techniques

such a wide variety that I can use!
............................I made some garments with the fabric squares but still have plenty left to create with.
Here are some ideas from Pinterest!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Can’t!!

 It’s been almost two weeks since time change and I just can’t get my body turned around to adjust.  I know it’s only an hour BUT it’s that ...