Monday, July 20, 2015

Nope! Don't Want To Do That!

 
The Bonnie Hunter Group is working on Easy Sunday quilt top
 
-- and my first thought was to play along with them.  I shopped for the fabrics, keeping in mind the original quilt.  It is a lovely quilt and the pattern is challenge to make.
 
Then I looked at the colors and said to myself "what am I doing with these colors?"  I don't even have anything that would remotely coordinated with these.  So, I chucked that game plan and deviated from the rest of the group!  Yeah, I'm a rebel!  I'm going off course!  Taking a detour! Bucking the trend!  Venturing outside the comfort zone- Being different!
 
I decided I like star blocks!  That's what I'm going to do.  In order to be a member of the BH group, the rules are you must do a BH pattern.

I have so many scraps!  So I settled on Sister's Choice
Make a nine patch


and add the star points!  I can do that!

Emery's Stars was my next choice--this one will be in red, white, blue!
Okay--BH gals, I'll be working with you during our next gathering, but
I'll be seeing STARS!


1 comment:

  1. Do what you love. Love what you do. We love having you at Bonnie group.

    ReplyDelete

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...