Thursday, July 11, 2019

Pedal to the Treadle..............

Today is the sixth day into Tour de Fleece--
I have made some progress--not as much as I would like--
taking time to spin can sometimes be a 'chore'--
It should be a pleasure instead-to sit down at the
wheel and make fibers appear into yarn; have my
favorite glass of lemonade, a bit of music of 
a good movie; pull up the wheel and go to town.

I found this fiber in my stash--it's cashmere, weighing
in at 4.7 ounces--I know who I bought it from and when,
definitely well aged!  It has been processed into a pencil
roving--easy to spin that's for sure!

I spun one bobbin and quit--dull, boring, lacking
color--my spinning sense went out the window!
looked for some color to brighten my hands and
wheel

Found this bag of BFF (Blue Faced Leicester) that I
bought at Spin-in one year from Carol at River's Edge--
let's have a go with this colorful bundle--

I stripped it lengthwise and found I was getting muddy mixture--
I pulled out large sections of green--will spin those at later time.
Then I just took out one section of color at a time--
--like that better.
Then I read this article  from Knitty about spinning
combination and combo--interesting!!

1 comment:

  1. I am spinning white cotton. Very boring! I agree that spinning color is much better than monochrome.

    ReplyDelete

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...