Friday, July 19, 2019

Jelly Rolls................................

-- "A bear walks into a bar and says to the bartender, "I'll have a pint of beer and a ......................packet of peanuts."
The bartender asks, "Why the big Pause?"    I'll wait while you get the punchline!

Here's another one:  A nose walks into a bar and asks for a drink.  The bartender says,
"sorry, I can't serve you.  You're already off your face." HA! HA!

Why did the Jelly Roll? because he saw the apple turnover!!!

Now, to the point of this post--I sometimes have these jelly rolls--no, not the kind you eat, but fabric rolls--and they are called Jelly Rolls!  
Here is a jelly roll--which is 2.5" strips cut the width of the fabric--
you will get 45-2.5" strips in each roll--
I've never had much luck in using these rolls--I usually end up
cutting them up into small pieces for blocks.

Then I found this 
in my stash--batik strips--looks like I began something and walked away--
another one of those UFOs--

Several of the strips are sewn together--and look there is
the pattern
I know I said no more quilts--in my defense, this one
is already started (sort of!).
Today while I wait on a repairman--I'll tackle this--
looks easy--not much attention is needed to iron strips
and cut into 4.5" lengths--
see you soon with a completed top---
I hope!!
Here it is on my design board--looks good so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...