Saturday, April 16, 2016

Quilts to Color

Get out those crayons and color your next quilt blocks!  At our quilters meeting the other day, Sandy and Karen were discussing their Periwinkle Lane blocks from Black Cat Creations.  They had each bought the patterns and Sandy was putting the finishing touches on her blocks with hand embroidery.
I really liked the looks of these blocks and thought how fun--coloring and
stitching combined to make an adorable quilt top.

Sandy said she asked her granddaughters to color for her;
of course, they said "yes!" and colored away!
That's one clever way to get the task finished.

I wondered if the patterns were still available
and searched Black Cat website to
find--there it was!  Along with some other patterns to color

I thought maybe, machine stitching would work on these details;
that will be on my list of things to try.

I loved the toadstools!





But, I believe this is my favorite block of all--
I'm going to gather up my crayons and color
away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

L M N

 Love! Love! Love! Knitting Lace!  On marvelous needles!  This is Stephen West pattern, Glittering Snowscapes shawl I’ve had the pattern for...