Thursday, August 11, 2016

Quilt Time With Friends!

It was time to visit with my expatcher friends!  Yeah, I hadn't been with these gals for some time
so I was anxious and excited to be with them again!


Linda brought these woven mats and ask "do you know what these are?"
I took a look at them and said--these are tapa, dyed with mud

several years ago I had taken a mud cloth workshop
and last summer, Denver Art Museum had an excellent exhibit on tapa



The reverse side is woven with split reeds--one on right is doubled in half


Linda was working on her doll quilt
She works with Dolly Mamas  


Annette brought her charity quilt that Judy M (right) will quilt
This is the back for the top

The quilt top on left is the disappearing nine patch pattern


Judy M has her strips cut and at the ready for the machine

She is using this pattern

From this book--I know I have this book in my stash!

On Judy's wall is this charity quilt--great looking

Judy always finds the best flannel combination.
I want to buy at this Wal-mart, but it's in another state--sigh!

Linda was stitching the binding for this lively small wall hanging.
She did this block of the month at her local quilt shop

Sandy did the quilting--love the bright neon green she used!
We have a good time together--laugh, swap stories and tales of our daily
lives--what a super group of friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noah’s ARC

870 acres!!  You can not imagine how this impacts your life.   On our journey to this destination, we read the story of Noah and the buildin...