Saturday, June 15, 2019

Acadian Brown Cotton


Cotonjaune from Sharon Gordon Donnan on Vimeo.

June 2015 on this blog there was other information regarding Acadian Brown Cotton--

Recently, this video was shared on Gist Yarn podcast--oh, so many fond memories!  Love these ladies and their heritage--My Acadian friends were sharing from their hearts and  hands--I learned many techniques--how to gin brown cotton by hand, how to card to make a rolag, spinning off the point, plying and most important--how they used this fine delicate short staple cotton.

If you interested and want more information, look for their educational video on Acadian Brown Cotton website.  I enjoy viewing the video over and over as I watch many of my Friends share their heritage with the fiber world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! Pancakes!

 Yes!  Pancakes and peppered bacon!  Perfect breakfast!  On the Patio!  Pancakes can be for morning meal in your P Js or evening dinner in y...