I'm sure you have never done this! Put something away and think to yourself--"I'll remember what that is" or put it in a safe spot--so safe, can't find it when you want to find it!
Well, I put fiber away and sleeps in my fiber closet for months, years--it's a safe spot for fiber to 'multiply ' for future days.
When I was searching for a book and a different fiber, I found this jar
Wow! such lovely fiber! nice handle, I said to myself as I pulled the fiber from the jar. Wonder what fiber this is? Of course, there is no label or note about the fiber--I'm sure I told myself--"I'll remember what this is" NOT!
And it's even dyed--so, I must have dyed this too!
Pulling the fiber from the jar, I grabbed my spinning wheel--let's see how this spins. Could it be wool? Silk? Acrylic? Natural? There are so many times, I've been given fiber from someome who doesn't want to spin anymore or doesn't like the fiber--I'm a sucker to take over for that spinner. Maybe, it was from an estate stash.
Spin! Spin! It spins like a dream!
So? what is this fiber?
I remmbered the Burn Test! Took a piece of the fiber and set a match to it!
Yes! I thought that was what it was........
If you need to figure out about your 'forgotten' fiber, just do the burn test!
I'm so excited! This forgotten fiber is SILK
No comments:
Post a Comment