Saturday, January 13, 2018

Ready, Set, Start....

I'm beginning three new KALs (Knit Alongs) this month--will I continue or finish?
That's another thing, But...you can't finish anything, if you don't begin!


I found some Malabrigo yarn in my stash--this KAL
suggests at least four colors and 4 colors of Malabrigo is
exactly what I have!  This is designed by
Heather Anderson on Ravelry.  So far, it has been
a "Joyful" knitting experience--learning to use
German way to short row knitting

As usual, one of my favorite designers,
Elizabeth Ravenwood, has another great
lace pattern--Shetland Lace--years ago when
I took a Shetland lace knitting workshop with
Margaret Stove, I wasn't convinced I would like
to knit lace--now, give me the right needles and yarn,
and I'm off!  You can find this Shetland Lace
pattern on Ravelry as well


One of the groups I enjoy on Ravelry (just don't 
know what I'd do without Ravelry!) is Fingerless Gloves--
We are knitting a mysterious FLG pattern designed by
Sabine Kastner--happily named "Winding Stairway"
Mitts--I decided to knit two at a time and in order
to keep it straight in my mind, I'm using dark gray
for the left hand and light gray for right hand.
Some beads are involved too-
maybe, I'll switch colors in the next clue.

So, I've begun..........
let''s hope I finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...