Monday, April 17, 2023

Night Sky

#AtoZChallenge 2023 badge
The month of April has been a blogging challenge--March 27, 2010 a challenge was sent out to all bloggers for the month of April.   Can you post every day except Sundays during this month?  And to up the bar, can you blog thematically from A to Z?

Although, I try to blog on occasion, this was a true challenge to me--can I find something interesting to blog about every day of the month of April??  Some bloggers have selected a theme for their writings--maybe, I'll do that next year--let me see if I can make it successfully through this year!


I'm up to N and have a good topic for N--we had the occassion to attend two, not one, but two viewing parties in a vicinity that is 'dark skies'.  The county friends of the night sky were hosting the event--that it's at a winery, didn't hurt either.  Our friend received a telescope for Christmas, so we’re in good company with fellow astronomy patrons.
Fingers crossed the weather held out for clear skies--no full moon either.

Night sky on this evening presented Venus floating between the small, dipper-shape Pleiades star and the bright red star Aldebaran, which is the “eye” of the constellation Taurus the Bull.  Mercury will also be visible.

Anytime, you can drink wine under the starry skies, it's a good night! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...