Friday, April 7, 2023

Goodness Sake

 Today is our son's birthdate!  He can't be that old though!  Because I'm not that old to have a child, even though he's an adult child, that old!  My mind is stuck in the 20's--but the bod is saying 'no, no, no' when I try to fetch a dish from a shelf, hang a curtain on a windown, climb a step ladder, pull weeds from the garden, etc.   Muscle pains come the day after.  But, it's the truth--he is that old and so am I.

With age, your skin thins and becomes less elastic and more fragile, and fatty tissue just below the skin decreases. You might notice that you bruise more easily. Decreased production of natural oils might make your skin drier. Wrinkles, age spots and small growths called skin tags are more common.  

How did I get so Old so fast??  Whatever you do--don't look up the definition of Old AGE!  You will be depressed for hours, days, weeks, months, if you think you're in that 'old age' bracket.

What are the stages of old age?  Can you believe that someone has come up with a list of stages for old age?  Obviously, it’s youngster who did this study!!

  1. Self-sufficiency. The first stage in the aging process is self-sufficiency. ...
  2. Interdependence. Eventually, aging loved one will require some support and assistance. ...
  3. Dependence. ...
  4. Crisis Management. ...
  5. End of Life.

This has become depressing to write--ALL I wanted to do was wish my little baby boy--
"Happy Birthday!"" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...