Wednesday, May 13, 2020

It Was Right In Front of My Eyes!

Since my sewing machine is sick and in machine hospital, I finally decided to sit at the loom and finish what I began several months ago--warping!  I hate warping the loom!  Weaving is a pleasure--thinking of the next project is a pleasure!  Selecting yarns is a pleasure, winding the warp--well, not such a pleasure, but it's not like warping a loom!

Okay, gal--sit down, begin.............................all that needs to be done is tie on loose end to the end  through the reed--that can't be too hard, can it?  No not really!  The warp for the next project is already there---get to it!  Motivation speech in my head as I walked up the stairs to the studio---------------------there it is--so daunting a task! 

These will be colorful towels for someone--

That wasn't so hard, was it old gal?!  Just took you a little of pushing to get you up
the stairs into the studio--

Staring me in the face was the window to the outside world--right there--
right in front of my eyes--

The world of nature!  and what? is that? I see?
A bird nest!!  Momma Robin appeared in my frame--
you could never tell there was a nest in the Magnolia tree
until she flew up and sat on a branch and three hungry little
mouths reached up to take the food--it only took a few seconds:
 she was off again in search of food for her little ones.

I thought, sometimes, we miss the most important things in our lives
and most often those moments pop up right before our eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...