Sunday, May 3, 2020

Fiber, Fiber, Fiber

Okay--digging away in my fiber closet, I turned up a bin of my hand dyed
wool from many many moons ago!  At one time, I taught a workshop --
Dyeing Fleece in the Grease--a fun workshop--truly loved the way
the wool locks came out of the dye pot--I'd forgotten that I had this
bin--and it was with pleasure I took the bin out to sort through the colors

I even found a half full bobbin and a finished one!  Gee whiz!  why did I stop working with this gorgeous stuff--I think the wool was  BFF--but don't hold me to that!  The locks are so
wonderful to touch and look at.............. 

So, in the evenings as we sit on the patio--I'm teasing the locks for spinning--
I can't find my flicker brush--doesn't matter--feels so good on my hands.

I decided to spin from the lock instead of teasing the fiber out--
Hubby says it will take me six months to do that whole bin--
bet he's wrong!!  If only I stick to it and don't get distracted by something else!
At least one bobbin has been plied and another waits its turn!  The Bin is just a little less full!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...