Sunday, May 17, 2020

Book List

Books!  What would we do without books?

I'm ready with another stack of books to read--maybe, these
will last through the summer--
depends if we are home bound often

Noah Gordon had a smash hit with his book "The Physician"--
sorry that I didn't read it--will keep my eyes out for a copy on Paperback Swap
In the meantime, I'm readying "The Winemaker"--setting is late 1800's in Northern Spain--
and of course, wine making is involved!  

Jennifer Chiaverini's "The Sugar Camp Quilt" will be a light hearted read --
taking place during years leading up to Civil War in Creek's Crossing, Pennsylvania
Jennifer has written numerous books about quilting and quilters--this one was
found on PBS

Another PBS book is Shari Lapena's "The Couple Next Door"
described as nerve racking unraveling--we'll see!

Historical on the agenda:
"Hidden in Plain View"--this is the secret story of quilts and the
underground railroads--movies have been made about this route
for slaves seeking freedom--it's time to see how they achieve
their goals with the written word.

"Cotton" by Stephen Yafa---The biography of a revolutionary fiber!!
So much to learn about a fiber I like to spin and so many of us
use in our everyday life.



Now, these books have already been read and set off  for someone else
to enjoy--Another PBS find:  Mike Blakely--author, singer-songwriter
presents two novels in one volume--"The Snowy Range Gang" and
"Vendetta Gold"--both western settings.

A new author to me is Jeff Carson and the first in his series set
in Colorado small town, "Foreign Deceit" --from the first page
I was pulled into this drama--of course, it helps that I love anything
to do with Colorado.  I plan to order other books in this series with
his hero David Wolf

John Sanford--one of my go to authors--"Masked Prey"--love
the Prey series with characters you journey with through
their trials and tribulations

No matter where we are  or what we do, Books take us into
a world of  adventure, sadness, joy, happiness, a place
where we escape if just for an hour or two.
Happy reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...