Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Unst Lace Shawls

Where is Unst, you ask? I wasn't too sure myself until I did some research.  Unst is one of the Shetland isles located north of Scotland--
  I love lace knitting and when I found these lovely Unst Shetland Lace shawls, I was in heaven!


Here is a lace knitting pattern you can buy from Sharon Taylor--such a lovely
garment!  These shawls are fine, you can pull them through a wedding ring!

Watch this video to see how these beautiful shawl are knitted but
first, you must do the spinning--my question--how can they knit so fast!!?
Enjoy the magic of creativity!

 

BBC Archive has a video from 1960's with more information--fascinating to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

U V

Undulate means  to move in a wave-like pattern . If a sound increases and decreases in pitch or volume like waves, you can say the sound is ...