Saturday, May 11, 2019

Dyeing Gradients..................................


You seen these lovely gradient yarns--some very expensive.
I can understand why--it takes time to skein yardage to make
a smaller skein but continue to be in the same ball of
yarn.  I came across this tutorial on Simply Notable
web page--you can see it process with step by step
instructions.  She is using Kool-aide for her dye.

But, for me,
after Easter sales--give me a ton of those little
tiny dye tablets for egg dyeing--those will work just
fine--

In years past, I've dyed my silk roving with these
tablets--using the microwave to set the dye--spin it
up and knit a lovely scarf for spring wear.

Simply Notable has an April dye along for hand painted
yarn--using Easter egg dye--book mark this site as you will
find many useful tidbits of crafty things.



No comments:

Post a Comment

L M N

 Love! Love! Love! Knitting Lace!  On marvelous needles!  This is Stephen West pattern, Glittering Snowscapes shawl I’ve had the pattern for...