Monday, May 13, 2019

Relax! Read!!

Haven't I told you how much I like to read?
I sure hope you like to read as well--
this is a whole new world out there when you
open a book.  You can travel to all parts of the
world as you lose yourself in the pages.
I'm always reading at least two books at the same
time--One book is on the bed stand--another
is on the coffee table in the family room.
Here is my latest reads....

We (hubby is a reader too) have discovered John D MacDonald with his
Travis McGee character--we've finished the first in the series--
"The Long Goodbye"--why it took us so long to indulge in this read,
I don't know!  So glad we began this series.

Elizabeth A Garcia--"One Bloody Shirt at a Time"--oh my, how
I love this read.  I've also finished the second ("The Beautiful Bones") in the series!
These reads take me back to Big Bend Texas and Terlingua--
I walk in Deputy Rios shoes....

"Luckenbach Texas--The Center of the Universe" by Becky Crouch
Pattison--daughter of Hondo Crouch, founder of Luckenbach--
We visit Luckenbach often--we attend the Cowboy Church on Sundays--
attend the afternoon or evening music concerts.
This book brings you the history behind the town, population 3--
a delicious read and music that comes out of the history

"The Lost Girls of Paris" by Pam Jenoff--
I learned about the lost girls of Paris through an episode of
"Foley's War"--an almost true look at WWII in Europe--
And now we step into secret agents lives

Mike Blakely's book "A Sinister Splendor"--a semi fictional
look at 1845 Mexican-American War--We know Mike and his
wife Annie through their music--they play many of the events
and functions around Hill Country Texas.  Imagine my surprise
when we were eating dinner with Mike/Annie and learned
he is an author--many times over!

Hope you will find a way to escape the mundane routine of
daily living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...