Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Silk Paper--

My studio has been moved three times within the last year!
It's exhausting work to pack and unpack--put things away
and then forget where you put anything--it's not in
the regular place you thought!  and then there are
some things missing!  well, not really missing--I just
forgot where I put it--
The last time when I thought I was settled--
I came across my silk paper boxes--
I love silk paper!

What is silk paper you ask?  There is an excellent book
by Kath Russom on Handmade Silk Paper--
Yes, this is silk paper!! paper you can write on,
create structures with, shape every which way you want,
a fun activity too! 
The back of the box--shaped like a treasure chest

Another chest made from silk paper--front

side

back--
I just might make more silk paper--to use in my wall hangings--
a great way to use up all that silk roving I need to spin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk for JD

  Every April around this time of year, we sponsor a walk for our little great grandson, Jerry Daniel aka JD; he was born February 17, 2023 ...