Thursday, May 23, 2019

Another Warp for Towels

Okay--I'm ready to weave again--but, first you must wind a warp--big decision to be made--
What colors?  What size fiber?  What sett on the loom?  The last question will be answered first--
whatever the pattern is on the loom now--that's what it's going to be--yep, I'm just tying on and pulling through----AGAIN!  Think I've done this four times already--it's a regular twill pattern warped now and there is so many ways you can change the treadling to make different patterns.

What colors for the warp?--Easy--I go to my fiber closet and pull out all the colored yarns--and size, I don't worry about--anything goes in this warp.


I'm using bright colors--nothing white or natural, my lightest this time
is yellow--but the rest of going to brighten up the towel
How is this warp looking?  I'm not sure I want to leave the yellow now that
I've seen it in photos--might change that out.
and, I'm not worrying about the way the colors lay--just random--
try it sometime--it's a freeing--no planning!

The size of yarn runs from 10/2 to 8/2 cotton.
Okay, warp is ready--
just need to finish that last yard of weaving to begin warping again........

No comments:

Post a Comment

S T

 Simply tempted to stitch up those circle granny squares designed by #beeLori1. She has begun a stitch along—so tempting!! You can find Lori...