Copyrights for artists has always been a big topic of conversation. What does copyright include when you have created a piece, written an article, taught a workshop? Is it original? Many people think that copyright is a method of preventing people from making anything that’s similar to their work. That’s actually not true. Copyright is nothing more than the right of the creator to control the copying and distribution of his work. But it is an important and powerful concept that you really do need to understand as an artist.
Here is a chart that explains copyrights the best way I've ever seen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This and That
Winter or cool weather is a-comin' !! How can I tell? First off, when you shop--everything is becoming fallish colors! Yes, I purcha...
-
Do you make lists? I do! There was always a notebook stuck to the refrigerator and a pencil was nearby--need something at the grocery, jot...
-
Today would have been my dad's birthday --he was born in a small Missouri town--his history is completely lost! We know nothing ab...
-
Triaxial weaving ? many moons ago, I became familiar with this technique when I met the author of this book-- Mad Weave by Shereen LaPlan...

No comments:
Post a Comment