Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Colorwork knitting--NOT!

"It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it."  Life Lessons According to Regina


Each month I promised myself I would try a new technique (to me).  Last month it was learning the "magic loop".  Needless, to say, I didn't!  So that will go into another month's column of learning.  This month I decided to try my hand at Colorworks knitting!  It was one of 12 hats in 12 weeks patterns from Meagheen Ryan Design on Ravelry.
 
 
Okay, I'll give it a try.  I have some grey alpaca and red wool to give some contrast.  I've marked each section so I can keep up with the pattern.

 
I just think I'm not cut out to knit Colorwork!  my inside is a mess--a tangle of red!  I tried to keep the cross over just at two stitches.  I'll finish the hat, but think I might need more practice--sometime to try in the future--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noah’s ARC

870 acres!!  You can not imagine how this impacts your life.   On our journey to this destination, we read the story of Noah and the buildin...