Monday, February 27, 2023

Finally!!

 Finally!  I received my EEW--this little thing is kind of creepy in some ways!  It's tiny but packs as punch with it's power!  I'm talking about EEW Nano 2--an electric spinning wheel that is affordable and travelable!

From this photo you can't really determine how small it is.

Here is the story:  last spring an enabler friend, who shall remain anonymous (Nancy)  told me about a Kickstarter program-- to get on the list to purchase one of these handy dandy wheels.  At first, I thought I don't really need another wheel or drop spindle, but for the price of $100 how could I go wrong with an electric wheel!  So after a few days of thinking it over, I pulled the plug and ordered the wheel--as any good kickstarter programs, you need to make the number set for manufacturing,  

Finally!!  the number required to make it a GO was reached--yay!  I was going to receive an EEW within the next few months.

Then out of mind, I forgot about the whole thing until the email arrived--"your EEW will be shipped in October" good news!  I watched the mail for that special arrival.
Since we travel often, My son's mailing address was given.  

Finally!  the notice came that my package was delivered to his mailbox!!
He goes to this mailbox--but, no packages.  He had one to be delivered also--both not there
not delivered!   A report was made to post office--they would check it out--but, no package appeared anytime--
big, sigh--I was not receiving the EEW I ordered.  I figured if a person took the package would have no idea what it was and in the trash it would go!  My son and I were both disappointed Big Time!!

Here we are, several months down the road and I kept thinking about that little wheel-- the money was refunded—I looked at the website--Dreaming Robots--and YES!  The EEW was still available for order--of course, it was a little more money, but no care for me!  I ordered one!  and this time, I received it!
The first thing I did after reading the instructions was to ply my singles handspun  cotton yarn--small but 
mighty! Is this machine!!

I'm having fun!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...