Tuesday, February 7, 2023

BABY STUFF!

 Oh WOW!  Sunday was definitely a day for Baby stuff!  Our granddaughter was honored by her friends with a beautiful baby shower!  A little aside here:  our friend, Mike, who is oldest of nine!  asked his mom if she had a baby shower--her reply, " I was always pregnant and had no need for a shower--just passed along the clothes to the next baby"!  I though so true in those times--now, we have these elaborate parties--which is great for first time Mother's.  I understand for the second baby it's a 'sprinkle!  wonder what it's called for a third or fourth?  Probably--Ignored!

We had a lovely day--good weather and lots of friends and delicious food to boot.  Baby's due date as been set as February 20.

My gifts always include these receiver blankets.  Mom said baby's room would be decorated with dinosaurs -I made one for dad's favorite hobby--cars! I did make one with 🦕 
At least, these are looking friendly and loveable.

Mom's favorite is giraffes 🦒 --and by chance, baby JD will be rooming in the giraffe NICU nursery!  Oh how cool is that.
I ordered a package of onesies and my friends volunteered to tie dye them as they were doing some dinner napkins

I think they turned out terrific!  We also gave baby a "Go With Me" seat.  It is one we gave first great grand baby and he loves it so do the parents--goes everywhere with them.
Go With Me
And instead of greeting cards, a book was requested from each gift giver--and as always, I give this book to mothers of boys--it is so appropriate!  "Love you Forever!"  Definitely!
Two of my other favorites are 
All the books in this series are super reading books!

and this one is a hoot!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...