Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Update!

Our second little great grandson has been born!! And immediately placed in NICU—where he’ll reside for several weeks.  His pediatric doctors will assess his condition of CDH and decide when to do surgery to repair his diaphragm.  

This is his "crib" for awhile--he has the greatest attention any newborn could receive--at the present time, he is incubated,  He weighted 5 lbs.6 oz and 18.9" in length at birth. 
His name has been some concern to us!  

 For weeks they called him "JD" but only the parents knew what the initals would stand for.
Finally, in the hospital room as we were visiting Mommy and Daddy, we learned his name to be placed on the birth certificate--JD = Jerry Daniel--he is named for his paternal grandfather (Jerry) and his great grandfather (Daniel--this brought tears to my hubby's eyes)
From the time I learned she was pregnant, I called her precious cargo--"Jelly Bean"
and I think that name will stick with him.
I can't imagine how my granddaughter felt after his birth when she saw all the nurses and doctors surrounding him--as she did not get to hold him or touch him!  They placed him in his crib, walked past her, directly to the NICU bear pod.  She thought he would be placed in giraffe pod but being in the bear pod is just as good.

Great grandfather and I were thrilled that we could visit him in the bear pod--he is surrounded by attentive nurses and doctors--I admit I had to cry when I saw him--so tiny and helpless--so sweet though with the Grace of God shining down on him!
Mommy finally got to visit and touch her son-- my heart aches to think of those mothers who carried
their child in their womb but unable to hold and kiss their tiny foreheads once birthed.

The mom and dad did as I suggested--sleep with the blanket I knitted and give to the nurses, who told them that any thing they would like, could be placed in the crib with him--he has a whole little corner to post photos, place mementos to surround him with love.

His other grandparents gave him stuffed bears!!  appropriate for the Bear Pod!
He is definitely surrounded by much love. 
If you believe in the power of pray, please say one for JD—he has had a few rough patches to overcome. 





 

1 comment:

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...