Tuesday, November 15, 2016
Revisit to Boro
Julie B Booth has an interesting article about a thread technique that I wrote about several weeks
ago--Boro. If only I knew about this stitching effect years ago when I tried to darn the kids clothing--they would have had some fancy look; but, then on the other hand, they probably wouldn't want to wear it! Anyway, in this article Julie shows how using the simple running stitch can create some interesting looks for your mending.
Mending takes on a whole new look--don't throw away those holey jeans, just boro them! We might set a whole new trend in the fashion world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes! I Didn't Rememer!
I'm sure you have never done this! Put something away and think to yourself--"I'll remember what that is" or put it in a...
-
Do you make lists? I do! There was always a notebook stuck to the refrigerator and a pencil was nearby--need something at the grocery, jot...
-
Today would have been my dad's birthday --he was born in a small Missouri town--his history is completely lost! We know nothing ab...
-
Triaxial weaving ? many moons ago, I became familiar with this technique when I met the author of this book-- Mad Weave by Shereen LaPlan...
No comments:
Post a Comment