Sunday, September 3, 2023

Laboring on Labor Day?

 Hopefully, your Labor Day weekend hasn’t included physical labor but fun laboring!  The last hurrah of the summer leading us into a delightful fall.  It’s time to spend with family having some laboringly good fun!!

I “labored” over this hat—but it was so much fun to knit!! Using my stash tiny yarn bits makes for an interesting combination

Done!  And done!! A hat to add to my pile of charity stash!  Ready to labor over another one?  You bet!
I really am laboring on this!  August dishcloth pattern from Kitchen Sink patterns.  I really don't know why--it's not the yarn as it's my handspun cotton; pattern is easy enough--just can't get into the rhythm of knitting this easy pattern--I will labor on and get it finished because September 1 rolls around, there will be another pattern and I really don't want to be left
I definitely ‘labored’ over this quilt top since I royally screwed up when I worked on it last week
Just take a gander at this border on the right--that was when I quit for awhile--I gave up!  But, from the next photo you can tell I went right back to it and got it right!
All four corners match!  Yay!


I've had these 'turkeys' running around my studio for couple of years now--a friend gave me several 'orphan blocks' and these dresden plate were included.  I tried to use them in another orphan quilt layout--just didn't work!  Then had an idea (novel for me!!) to use the dresdens as back feathers for a turkey body!  Well, it worked.  I"ve already made one table runner 

THese last few blocks didn't have buttonhole stitching around them--another thing, I labor over.
Found this fall border print, on sale(!) and it worked perfectly for this small wall hanging and another tablerunner.
Here's hoping that your 'labors' will be mild and easy this weekend!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...