Sunday, September 17, 2023

Say It's Fall Please!

 The month of September brings fall activitites, cooler weather and fall leaves!  And my mind turns to making that autumn leaf quilt top--this will be a table runner instead of a whole quilt top--well, let's hope!  And I can almost complete all the season of table runners for the brown headed daughter. 

It took some time to round out my list of scrappy leaf patterns.  For the month of September, you can visit several designers who have created a free fall block--check it out here.

Aby Quilts  has a lofty goal to complete a 6" leaf block through September and October

I'm so anxious for fall to appear  --I even hung our fall wreath on the front door although temps are still in 90's.  I'm sure the wreath will bring those cooler temps!

My friend and I did long arm quilting yesterday.  She didn’t have a quilt top Of her own to quilt so she graciously said she would do one of mine.  I was delighted!  She does great free form quilting. 
This quilt is called "Postcard from Sweden" and came as a kit.  I purchased this many moons ago
and didn't work on it for many months--it looked complicated--all those colors had to go in a certain order!

I had to be organized when I finally decided to work on this--lots of postit notes!
and when I got to the last row, I was ahhhhhhhhhhh--so confused!  just add the row and forget it--
okay, it turned out right.

not easy to see the color of the backing--I dyed using blue and yellow and of course, you get greens--I went soft on the yellow so I got a lime green---just perfect!
This top is "Be My Neighbor"--I started work on it and then quit--I wanted to use all plaids--
then I saw Pat Sloan during this pattern so back I went to the neighborhood and finished!

The backing is dyed with blue--fabric is squished in the dyepot dry, fill with water, then sprinkle dye over, heat and ta da you have an interesting backing.  
Now, that I think it's getting to be "fall" type weather--the binding will go on and I'll relish the time I sit with the quilt on my lap and handstitch the binding down--now, that's agood fall feeling!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...