Sunday, December 26, 2021

Boxing Day 2021! Another QAL

 My photo of the day is Leftover Cookies!



Boxing Day got its name when Queen Victoria was on the throne in the 1800s and has nothing to do with the sport of boxing.

The name comes from a time when the rich used to box up gifts to give to the poor.

Boxing Day was traditionally a day off for servants, and the day when they received a special Christmas box from their masters.

The servants would also go home on Boxing Day to give Christmas boxes to their families.


Another way to end 2021 and begin 2022– is with a mystery by Jessica Dayon!  Each week Jessica will release a scrappy block, which I'll enjoy as my scrap bin is overflowing!  Jessicain.blogspot


No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...