Friday, December 10, 2021

Baking? Cooking? OR

 Sure, I'd rather be quilting or sewing or weaving or knitting or spinning, but there is that kitchen that keeps calling me--'come bake'! 'come cook'! "come clean the dishes!" and then there is the call "What's for dinner?"  Didn't we just eat couple of hours ago?  Well, guess what?!! It's leftovers===again!!

There is still leftover turkey in the freezer and hubby's homemade veggie soup in the refrigerator--but, we just had that last night and the night before with a turkey sandwich (just how many ways can you use leftover turkey and not go crazy?)  Maybe, next Thanksgiving we'll get a much smaller bird or just have something completely different--like tofu turkey!  Bet that will go over big!!

Anyway, since the refrigerator gets so crowded with all sorts of holiday goodness, it was time to take a peek of what's behind those bottles- more leftovers!  Here we go--

Brussels sprouts are languishing and we don't like just plain sprouts--so I made Bacon jam!  Delish on sprouts and almost everything--of course, it puts me back in the kitchen--really like this recipe

Then there are these small tomatoes that are going really soft--made tomato jam!
Yummy tomato jam!

Back to whatever I was doing before the kitchen called.....................




No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...