Friday, October 1, 2021

UFOS? Why??!!

 Why?? Why oh why?? do I have so many UFOs?  What are UFOs?  Unfinished Objects--mainly in the quilt closet and bins!  Why do I begin a project and not complete it?  Good question!  I'm sure No One else does that!

Here's one that wasn't even begun!  Unbelievable!  Really like this pattern and fabrics.

This one was begun years ago--even finished all the embroidery work--
cut out most of the blocks--but why didn't I finish it/  

This is one of the great quilt mysteries that Bonnie Hunter does every fall--
several blocks made--just lingering in the bin to be finished
When everyone else has a friendly neighbor quilt--I have only three blocks
finished--why did I put it aside for this long?

I even have all the plaids that I wanted to use for the blocks--go figure!

This one was begun last Christmas 2020--12 blocks ready and all
the necessary fabrics right there n the bin with the instructions!

Love this quillt--so why didn't I finish it!  Maybe, because it was each day of
December a block pattern was released--nope, can't use that as an excuse!
And this one!! I was on step 7 of 10--

Excuse?  It has lots and lots of flying geese and half square triangles--
could be the reason! I got just plain tried of cutting out and sewing!

Now, is the time to take action!  
  • First, I must confess that I have these UFOs
  • Then I'll make a list of neglected projects--not necessarily in any order
  • Face up to the fact that some projects need to be ripped out and begun again
  • Maybe, I can't find the pattern--well, guess again--most of them have the pattern and fabric--no excuse
  • Must decide to cut my losses and leave it to the side.
  • Commit to finishing one before beginning a new project--really hard to do!
Today, I'm turning over a new leaf! 
Ask me in three months if I stuck to my plan :-))









No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...