Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Meal Plans........................Retro!

Most days I don't mind cooking--just hate to think of WHAT to cook!
Someone give me a suggestion and I'm okay to step into the kitchen.


Getting bored we cleaned out some of the boxes in the garage and I found this cookbook that
was mother's.  We moved her into Assisted Living five years ago and some of her things were just 
stored away--there were several old cookbooks in her kitchen--mostly, ones
that you wouldn't use today as our cooking has evolved from the days of
molded Jello!  This book is from 1952 when we lived in Georgia
Let's Go Retro................

Look what I found!  Menu plans!!  Oh joy--could I adapt these plans to our meals now?
It plans out breakfast, lunch (dinner) and supper for a whole week!!
And the book contains all the recipes indicated!
I could do stuffed tomato with tuna salad or
creamed chicken on toast or
Stuffed Frankfurters with mustard sauce!  
and I love the idea of lemon refrigerator pie!! 

And here is some retro cooking music for your enjoyment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

X Y Z

 X Y Z   The slang phrase XYZ, meaning “examine your zipper,”  has been used since at least the 1960's  These letters are used for const...