Thursday, April 9, 2020

Finally Did It!

Yes, I finally did it!  Cut off that Laurel tree (Bay)!  It had grown so
unruly and so tall--I wanted to keep it as a bush but it got 
away from me.  Besides, there are lots of 'suckers' coming up
around the base of the trunk.

Now, I have a TON of bay leaves to sort through and dry--
I usually give them to my friends as they use them in their
kitchen/bath room cabinets to keep away bugs--

Naturally letting them dry--stuff into bags and will have a gift
for each friend that would like.
Since I had all these leaves, why not try to use them in dyeing?
I had some silk scarves (that I found when stash diving!)
laid them out with an assortment of leaves
I don't think I know what I'm doing--just wingin' it!  and success is not forthcoming.
Doesn't mean I'll not do anymore only I'll do more research!




No comments:

Post a Comment

X Y Z

 X Y Z   The slang phrase XYZ, meaning “examine your zipper,”  has been used since at least the 1960's  These letters are used for const...