Sunday, March 17, 2019

Let's Do IT!

I've finished knitting my red socks, except for the toes--and began another sock pattern to keep the needles warm!  Just one problem--those sock toes are waiting and waiting because --I hate the Kitchener Stitch--mainly, because I can never remember the way the stitches go--I've looked up "Kitchener Stitch" on computer and found so many ways to close the toes of socks--guess that's why some people like to knit "toe up" socks--never close up a toe again!

Anyway,  here is a ditty that I can remember easily--
K = knit (insert needle as if to knit on 1st stitch of front needle and slide off)
P = Purl (anchor next stitch on front needle - insert needle as if to purl & pull yarn through)
P = Purl (insert needle as if to purl on 1st stitch of back needle and slide off)
K = Knit (anchor next stitch on back needle - insert needle as if to knit & pull yarn through).

Thanks to Louise Tilbrook Designs!  I can do that stitch while repeating the saying "King Philips Purple Knickers"!  What a way to remember...................

Just look at those toes!  All thanks to King Phillip's Purple Knickers!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

U V

Undulate means  to move in a wave-like pattern . If a sound increases and decreases in pitch or volume like waves, you can say the sound is ...