Thursday, September 7, 2017

I Should Be Knitting........................But

Yeah, I should be knitting--fall is just around the corner and then comes those cold breezy days of winter---BRRR!  I'll need a shawl, a sweater, some gloves, a hat, a scarf--.......But, I'm sitting here typing on this blog!  Go figure!  I can rationalize that my fingers are doing something useful--instead of washing dishes, folding clothes from the laundry, ironing those few shirts that need touching up--no, I'm just sitting here, pondering what the day will bring........oh, hmm!  There is dinner to think about--no, not now--or maybe, think about that long list of errands that need to be done--nope, not now!  I'm just sitting here!

Do I need a pick me upper?  Some new vitamins to pep me up?  Maybe, a cup of coffee--nope, that won't work, I'm caffeine free--I'm just sitting here......................................where has my motivation gone?  I should be knitting.......................................................................................but, I just can not decide which pattern to begin first.........................

This lovely easy diagonal float stitch pattern. Only knitted and slipped stitches makes smooth curves. Kaarre hat by Maria Kostamovaara

OR
Multnomah pattern by Kate Ray,  garter stitch body and a lovely feather and fan edge

OR
 By Jenny F--three color cowl

OR
Bowerbird by Cath Ward
This crescent shawl knits up quickly in a delicious 4ply heavy silk lace yarn and includes a feather motif in its border. It is knitted from the centre top down to the border in one continuous piece. The elements of the shawl are a succession of 8 stitch repeats, which flow from the top to the border of the shawl.

OR
I could go on and on--
there is a pattern for socks and fingerless gloves...........

I just don't know where to begin, so
I'm just sitting here! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...