Saturday, September 23, 2017

And Then It Happened!

If you are a sewer, I hope this never happens to you!  I'm sewing along--having a merry good time!
I was working on my "orphan" block top--one that would be great for kids!

I found many of my swapped blocks from a former applique group

and this is looking good!  I'm sewing on the border--

And then the sewing machine locked UP!  Locked Up I say!  Never in my days have I had this problem before!  The machine would not budge--not move--my heart sunk!  I wanted to have these tops ready for Tuesday's quilters gathering.........................................What to do?  Besides cry!

I called blond headed daughter and luckily, she was working from home--"I'm desperate!  Can I borrow your machine?"  Of course, she says--come pick it up--well, that entails a 20 minute drive--there and back, okay, I'm off to get her machine!

While driving, I'm thinking I've got to find a Bernia service dealer--there isn't one--bummer!  The one  dealer nearby closed shop while back.  So, I take the machine the next day to a sewing machine service company that will look at the machine--in 7 weeks!  What 7 (SEVEN) weeks!  and they can't replace any Bernina parts if broken!
I'm not letting this stop me from sewing--I do have a useful machine--I rummage in my fabric stash for border fabric and look what I found!  This adorable panel!  Well, that gave me some joy and happiness!

Isn't this the cutest panel!  Don't know why I had it, but it would be perfect
for a baby quilt.  Add some borders and it's finished!

I'm auditioning borders for this top--just can't get what I want to do with
this one.  I like the blue with the red fabric but just not sure--it needs
something else................

I pull out another print to audition but it doesn't do it either. 
I found the cutest flannel fabric and am making baby blankets--
in the evening I do the buttonhole stitch around the sides

Okay-back to my poor Bernina--I learned there was a NEW Bernina shop
that opened just down the road--wonders never cease--why didn't I know about
this place before!  Anyway, I picked up my machine from the other service shop
and took it to this new Bernina shop--Three weeks Yes!  3 weeks is their
service deadline--Oh! JOY!
But, I'm still sewing.............



No comments:

Post a Comment

Noah’s ARC

870 acres!!  You can not imagine how this impacts your life.   On our journey to this destination, we read the story of Noah and the buildin...