Catherine O'Leary is presenting a painting with wool fiber and fabric over Labor Weekend. This feltmaking workshop has two parts, in the first part we will be creating individual designs on fine silk fabric through the application of drawing, stenciling, mono printing and block printing. These fabrics will then be used to create nuno pre-felts which will be incorporated into a garment, wall piece or homewares. The focus of the workshop will be on surface design and composition. This workshop is being held through Contemporary Handweavers of Houston.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes! I Didn't Rememer!
I'm sure you have never done this! Put something away and think to yourself--"I'll remember what that is" or put it in a...
-
Do you make lists? I do! There was always a notebook stuck to the refrigerator and a pencil was nearby--need something at the grocery, jot...
-
Today would have been my dad's birthday --he was born in a small Missouri town--his history is completely lost! We know nothing ab...
-
Triaxial weaving ? many moons ago, I became familiar with this technique when I met the author of this book-- Mad Weave by Shereen LaPlan...

No comments:
Post a Comment