Monday, June 22, 2015

Being Creative

How are you creative?  When do you become creative?  Is there a space where you are creative?  A time?  A thought process that allows you to become creative?

Recently, I heard a musician say, "I'm most creative when I'm in the studio"--does that mean his 'Muse' only hits him when he is in the studio?  doesn't he have any other times to channel his 'muse'?  Then he said, "we were walking and discussing a topic and it hit me--let's go back to the studio and make music!"  So, his 'Muse' struck him outside the studio!  But, he was most creative when he returned to the studio.....................................I find this very interesting.

Then, the other day, I was visiting with a long arm quilter--she does free lance quilting--no pano for her!  She said, "some days I put on a quilt and I know immediately what design I should do" but "other days, I sit and sit--wondering what I should do"--Her "Muse" comes and goes. 

We had a lovely lady in our spinning group--sadly to say, she has gone to spinners heaven.  Her "Muse" hit her at the most important times--When we needed a skit for our conference!  We could always count on her "Muse" to appear and we would have the most brilliant skit--song, dance, actions, etc.  Her "Muse" was the greatest!   She would always say, "Let me bring in my "Muse" and there it was!

How creative can you be?  Do you have a "Muse" that suddenly appears and offers up the finest of thoughts?  Or maybe, not so fine but some that can be fine tuned to be worthwhile.

Let's open ourselves up to Our "Muse"......................................................When is your "Muse" time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! Pancakes!

 Yes!  Pancakes and peppered bacon!  Perfect breakfast!  On the Patio!  Pancakes can be for morning meal in your P Js or evening dinner in y...