The summer is holding on--and our projects are fulfilling their final completion--can we get some applause for job well done!
The short sock pair has met their end! Yahoo!!
The second sock wasn't such a horrible finish like the first--practice must make perfect!
Stitching away on the year of angels BUT a problem with the thread held up the work
for a brief time as decisions were made on the right color to use.
Finally, the hand spun silk threads are handy and promised to be the right color!
On we stitch on June angel of the garden==only six more to do!
a quilter friend gave me several orphan blocks and pieces of blocks. She knew I liked to make orphan quilts. there were several of these 'tongues' and I studied hard on how to use them. I had already made several turkey flocks for table runners and place mats. I was resisting making Dresden plate block!
Okay--I give up! created three Dresden plate blocks for an upcoming orphan quilt. Hope these will fit somehow. I don't want any blocks as orphans!!
The major problem was finding the right center as I didn't have any of the fabrics in the piece==finally, a green was found that would work in.
spinning away on Green cotton--it doesn't show up on camera as green but trust me,
it is! Color deepens as it is washed and dried.
and speaking of hand spun, here are 12 finished hand spun, handwoven towels!!
So happy to have the warp off the loom and into a useful item.
When these are hemmed, a name tag is added along with a charm, sometimes a cross
Sometimes, a small charm that states "hand made with love!"
That sums up the projects--all made with LOVE and the assistance of the CROSS!
No comments:
Post a Comment