Thursday, August 3, 2023

August?? Already??

July was another month to tick off the calendar!  It was hot, hot, hot! Looking forward to August--
better things weatherwise is just around the corner--yay!  Also, it should be the month when our great grandson will have his surgery!  Prayers please for that!
Just look at him!  He's the cutest!  Just perfect on the outside but all messed up inside.  But, he's getting better each and every day.

A new mystery quilt for Quilts of Valor started August 2 with fabric requirements.  Clues will be weekly and end on September 20.  YOu can check in with Quiltygirl to find the clues!  I'll be sewing along with the group--love red, white and blue quilts.

I find this interesting--how about doing an 2x2  piece of art a day?  Begin August 7- 11.  Mindful Art Studio
is the place to sign up--and see what's it all about!

I uncovered these little dainties' the other day!  I know I've been neglecting these for so long--maybe, that's why they were buried under other stuff on my table!

I don't remember how many I made--evidentually those little pieces will go into this block--I do have some made--this is from a pattern (free) from Lisa B
She has another quilt along ongoing now--but, I said NO this time--maybe, some other time I'll want to work with those tiny pieces again.

Couple of blocks from July--whew!  finished before another release.  This one from Sew With Me

At least, I'm trying to keep updated.

It was an easy knit but boring as far as I"m concerned!
I've begun July pattern--
Using my handspun cotton, 4 ply.  I spun most of this cotton while watching Tour de Fleece--
😔 but it's over till next year.  I was in a rhythm to spin some each morning--hopefully, I still be able to do some spinning the rest of the summer==

 washcloth pattern from Galene, the kitchen sink patterns



















 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...