Saturday, August 5, 2023

It's Done!

 I got tired looking at it!  Every time I walked by, the mistakes were glaring!  Thought I could ignore those mistakes, telling myself, "it'll come out in the wash" or 'no one else will notice".  It really bothered me--these could go down in history!  Especially for those who take the item and place in a chest of drawers (an aside here--why is it called a CHEST of drawers?)   Sorry--being a procrastinator--back on topic!

Finally, I took the scissors (think it was one day last week) and cut it off!! Yes, I cut it off!  Whew!  that was a big decision--it's done now; that can only mean it must be fixed RIGHT so I can continue on.  What I'm obsessing over is my latest tea towels on the loom--I'm weaving with my handspun cotton and there it is--SEE IT?  On the left hand side--three threads in one dent instead of two--I checked it once, I checked it twice when I was sleying and then on the loom after weaving a few sheds--it stuck out like a sore finger!   

I finished weaving this towel; will hem and wash--it will go in my kitchen cabinet for use.
I pulled out all the threads and resleyed them two in each dent--tied it back on the front beam and wove away--well, darn it!  looks like another mistake--but, trust me, there isn't a mistake--I checked it with a fine tooth comb (where did that term come into my word phasing?)  
I found this skein of indigo handspun cotton--probably some of the first cotton I spun!  I wound the skein off into a ball and using for weft--think all will be fine once it's washed!
Okay, I feel a little better now--I just hate to cut off a warp--oh, the warp is continuing from many warps ago--just tie on a new warp and wind onto the beam.  It's all good--until the back beam becomes loaded with past warps.
over and out for now!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...