Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Oh Well!

 My bags are all packed and I'm ready to go--just one small thing--I've got nowhere to go!   Isn't that the way life is?!!  I've been lazy lately so it's a good thing I don't have anywhere to go--just staying inside being cool--the toughest item to conquer is what's for dinner!  Check out the pantry and freezer, plan something that's not complicated and I can continue to sit back relax and do nothing--but read, binge watch a series or two, nap maybe-- oh, no!  I hear some chores calling--they can wait for another day when I'm not so lazy.  Did you know that August 10th is declared National Lazy Day??!!  Guess I’m there already!

I did visit my sewing machine for awhile--really would like to get these quilt blocks together.  So far it has taken me three days

The blocks are from Pat Sloan's Sweet Childhood Memories earlier in the year.  While assembling the blocks, I knew that I had all the ones I needed but alas--was I wrong!  I was missing one of the larger blocks--had to go back and find out which one I did not sew!  And there is another problem, she issued the layout at the beginning of the sew along, but did I do it as I made the blocks?  Of course, NOT

I'm working on the border--need to make some half square blocks--there were a few I made about two weeks ago; not enough though.  I found this roll of 3" finished papers; best use them up.
Back to the sewing machine--trim up, tear papers and there you have a perfect 3.5" block for the border

Whoops!  the corners are all wrong--a date with Jack the ripper!
I'm bored and now I'm going back to my easy chair to be lazy some more!






 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...