Friday, May 19, 2023

Anniversary DAY

 Holy smokes today is the anniversary day of our wedding!  It's a big one too!  60--sixty years

 What gift to you give for sixty years of marriage???  I have no idea!  Looked it up and it's Diamonds--well, I declare  Diamonds—means, I won't get any because that is not my favorite stone.  Of course, we usually don't exchange gifts, except on rare occasions--On our 40th while living in Venezuela, we bought matching 18 carat gold wedding bands, .  His has already been repaired--but, it can be repaired not like some of our disagreements--all he needs to do is say "--you were right!"  How many times have I heard that?  

On our 25th, we bought a spa!  Used it quite often--now, it sits empty with no operational motor--oh well, we did get some good years from it.  Other years, we just said "happy anniversary" as we woke, give each other a kiss and went about our day. Just another ordinary day--

On our 50th, we took family to Vegas as we renewed our marriage vows with Elvis in his Chapel of Love--quite fun.  Maybe, we'll do it again when we reach 75 years!  Wouldn't that be a hoot??!!

You see, our 60 years have had some ups and alot of downs, but we are happy to be blessed with another good year to celebrate. 

We're getting up there in age; some days, my whole body aches; we have difficulty using our hands to tie the laces on our shoe , need help getting up out of a low chair; bones crack when we bend over--sense of each day moving forward in our old age!

Don't get me wrong--I like-love my old man!  He can stay around for a long time--he can continue to be bothersome but I'll take him; besides, I don't want to break in a new one!

Congratulations to us!  And here's to another 10 years!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...