Monday, May 22, 2023

Something Accomplished!

 I've got to stop sewing!!  Although the fabric bins are overflowing--I can't keep up with the quilting that needs to be done on those tops!  I love sewing!  It's easy to sit down at the machine, pick up couple pieces of fabric and sew a seam or join a block with another block.  It takes more power and time to get a top on the long arm!

Maybe, I would like to be cloned!  I'm looking at A I as there has been so much talk about it lately!  Do you think--an AI person could help me with my tasks??  Just jump in and do the same thing as I would?  Would AI know how to do it?  Or would it be much better to be cloned?? Actually, AI scares me a little!  I can't imagine another ME running around--I think it would confuse most people!  Or, in fact another clone of me--heaven help us!

Anyway, I have accomplished something with no help from AI but a good friend who likes to quilt on the long arm!  She hasn't finished sewing her latest top so she is willing to quilt for me--She does excellent work, much better than me on some designs!   We enjoy our time together in the back room at the local quilt shop--sometimes, people drop in to see what we are doing--the other day, someone popped in as we were talking (hadn't even begun with our tops) and asked if we were doing a class?  Yes, a class of gossip!!  Our favorite topic!

I loaded on two small quilts on the same background--both tops were scrappy--one is "I spy with my  little eye"   top for kids, most likely for our new great grandbaby.  The other a pattern from Lisa Bongean--wish I'd made it with patriotic colors.  I know so many vets that I would like to wrap in comfort.  Anyway, I made it scrappy--didn't reduce my stash bin by much though!  


My friend, CAM, worked on "let 'er Rip" from The Quilted Cow.  I couldn't resist!  Don't really need this top!  But, it will be nice as a gift to someone who loves Yellowstone!  Quilted Cow did several patterns from shows--I resisted those--thank goodness!  Anyway, CAM did lots of stars on Rip top--looks good.

Just need to bind these tops and they will become quilts!
The other day, I gifted a Navy Vet with his Quilt of Valor--he couldn't believe that he received a quilt to honor his service.  He had tears in his eyes when I handed it to him and thanked him for his service to our country!  This is why I like to make quilts to gift!
This was the pattern from Pat Sloan's 2022 quilt along.  I'm still working on this year's top but it's scrappy.  And, by the way, I'm still knitting on hubby's wool socks!!  And listening to Charles Martin's "The Water Keeper"  the first in a trio of keeper books--
Craftlit podcast is doing "Three Musketeers"--Wow!  never thought I would like to read/listen to this book--definitely, a classic that needs to be read!  A chapter a week is feasible.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...