Thursday, January 26, 2023

Updates!

Something about that feeling when you complete a item on your list!  Checking off those list items is a great feeling!  Always, that list is MY list!  Those things that I want to do--not always important in someone's else life or on their list--just my personal accomplishment!

New Year, January brings many chances to begin another project, hoping it won't become UFO--but, remember I'm in Control of my List!

I found this sew along one day and thought, I'd love a red and white quilt--2023 Sew With Me
This will be easy to keep up with--sure! It's just once a month.

Block for Pat Sloan's Sweet Childhood memories  These blocks are posted every Wednesday
The first block from Sweet Childhood Memories==I'm thinking this will be the center block

Sewcialites2 will host red, white and blue fabrics to create patriotic top

A Quilting Life presents 2023 quilt along.  I'm trying to use colors I normally wouldn't try--there might be some purples in this batch for the year!

Another patriotism block for Quilts of Valor top--love making these blocks!

My friend and I finally got to the long arm this month.  She had finished this quilt top; of course, I have about 10 tops that need that finishing touch!  

She quilted with yellow thread which really makes the top pop!  it's not easy to see her flower motif in her design but she has good rhythm with her quilting.
I chose to do this log cabin top--it's from strips that I've saved--just sewed strips together in log cabin fashion--didn't care if the strip was thin or wide;  Once I thought there was enough for 12" block, stopped adding strips and trimmed it.

I didn't have a backing so dyed in light blue Rit dye.  Quilting I use is circles, some swirls and hearts.
Was a fun day!  But, let me tell you--we hadn't been at the long arm since October, I was really muscle sore the next day! 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...