Monday, August 22, 2022

Update!!

 There is proof —no goofing off here!  Some days, of course, are more productive than others.  The past few weeks my quilting buddy and I had prepared our tops to do long arm quilting at our local quilt shop.  It’s a fun day when we venture into that special room!  


Top #1 my friend has used this interesting set for this top! 

She had a collection of "Fiesta" shirts from San Antonio big yearly event.  The tee shirts are so colorful-she took a tee shirt class and used her shirts to create this smashing top

The backing was a bright yellow minkie--when I took the photo, the yellow color washed out--but trust me, it is a bright yellow.

Finally!  Put this heart quilt top together--been sewing on it for several months. THis is from Fat Quarter Shop charity yearly event.  Lots of hearts!

I used a good portion from the stash bin

Another one finished!  THis is a top I had in my 'to do' list for awhile--finally got it under the long arm needle.  It was a free monthly quilt along several years ago

I decided to do boxes for my quilting mode--not bad for my first time quilting straight lines.

THis is a leader-ender block top--done on paper 8.5'X8.5"  When I had several, I had to put them together to see the results of all those blocks of strings--think I'll add to it as time goes along.
Now, it's a perfect size for tot's bed

up close and personal.  I used my camera to see how the blocks fit together before I sewed them together.
An orphan finish!  I really enjoy constructing these orphan blocks into a top.

If you ever make one too many blocks--then think what am I going to do with these leftovers?
no problem--just save them for later sewing.

So many interesting orphans went into this top!  The geisha girls are from a wall hanging my friend did many moons ago--didn't have the heart to  destroy this when we redid our bedroom.  It fits nicely in this group.  IN fact, I don't think there is anything that doesn't fit into an orphan!

At the present time, I'm working on 'chicken' orphan!  Soon it will be completed for show and tell!












No comments:

Post a Comment

S T

 Simply tempted to stitch up those circle granny squares designed by #beeLori1. She has begun a stitch along—so tempting!! You can find Lori...