Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Warped!

My husband will say that I’m definitely “warped” most of the time!  

But, in this case, I'm only becoming 'warped' because I'm sleying/threading my loom!
And there are times, I've not engaged my brain--therefore, taking me longer to really
thread the loom!  I tend to wander to other thoughts--"Squirrel" moments!

Usually, if I'm planning on the same pattern, I tie one warp onto the pre-existing thread--seems to be a good method--
until, there is a problem with a missing thread OR in the case of the last warp three threads were
sleyed into one dent instead of just two!
Of course, I didn't catch the error until five yards had been woven off!
oh, well, I can live with some mistakes.

Now, I want to rectify that error for this threading!  Slowly, I go--
I spent several hours winding warp on the board.
I wanted to sit down to wind threads--pulled out some shelves from my fabric cart--
worked great!  
 
It seems all is well!   it's a go for tying up and throwing the first shuttle--then it happen!

I missed a dent!  can you see the problem??  well, I can!  Sticks out like a sore thumb!
But, I'm weaving away--put down the hem thread first, same as warp, wove with my handspun brown cotton; added an indigo dyed blue warp
 thread for accent--
must use up all that spun cotton from the tour de fleece event.

I tell myself, it'll all come out in the wash!


 


 


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

U V

Undulate means  to move in a wave-like pattern . If a sound increases and decreases in pitch or volume like waves, you can say the sound is ...