Wednesday, April 27, 2022

This and That

 I was so ready to put these pieces together!  I just knew I had made all the flags needed to assemble...

And I begin--alas, I'm two--just two blocks (flags) short!  how is that possible?  I know I counted and counted--guess I can't count!  Now, I'm working on the two lost blocks so I can finally gather all the flags into one quilt!
There is a good amount of blocks here!  I cut 2.5" or 2.5” squares when I finish cutting and add them to the pile--as an leader/ender project, I sew together these 16 squares into blocks--I have several ideas on the quilts they will make.  Alycia Quilts had some ideas on how to set her blocks.


This is one of the ideas--spool blocks to act as a vase for my EP (English pieced) hexies--
I can't decide on how to arrange the flowers, so took several photos to get some perspective--
the flowers can be nestled with stems


Or they can be free standing 

Here's a cluster--not liking this so much
with stems

clusters without stems

 
On to a break in the week--I attended a quilt show presented by a church sewing group--they worked for two years and their presentation was just perfect for their display of quilts.  The one in front is
friend's Judy--Stars and Scraps Forever.  So many eye catching quilts!

It was such an inspiration morning!  met several expat friends, browsed the vendor section--no, didn't buy anything--although very tempted!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...