Saturday, April 16, 2022

Molas and Puzzles

 Recently we visited our friends who moved into military senior residence.  It’s amazing the amities they have!  I think they deserve special treatment after years of service to our country’s security.  They took us on a tour of facility, a treat. 

In each hallway, residents decorate for the season, which is now Easter—one room was their puzzle room.  There were two puzzles laid out under construction. The ones they finished are framed for wall decorations.  Here are a few examples of their past triumphs. 

Doesn’t look like puzzle, huh? 

see the pieces!
So fun to see Easter breaking out in their neighborhood!

Another one with bunnies and Easter flowers.  I always ask the question--why are bunnies associated with Easter?  Alas, I always find the same answer!
One of the residents has a nice selection of Molas that she decorates near her apartment for everyone to see and appreciate! 

They were stationed at one time in Panama and that is where she find her collection.
each one is different and unique in their own style.

This one has very elaborate stitching!

Here husband was a dentist in the army--this mola shows his status.
My daughter always shops at the mola booth during International Quilt Festival.
She likes the small ones that are fashioned into a purse

I was gifted this one and I turned it into a hotpad for the kitchen

The stitching on this reverse applique is awesome!  Wish my stitches were that small!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...