Tuesday, March 15, 2022

A Quilting We Go

WORD of the DAY:  "many a mickie makes a muckle"--in other words:  A lot of small amounts, put together, become a large amount!

 It's been several weeks since we have graced the door of our local quilt shop (LQS).  We were going to not only SHOP (SALE! SALE! SALE!)  but we have couple of quilt tops to long arm in the back studio--First!  we must shop before the crowd enters.

My stash!  Certain fabrics were $6 a yard!  Alot of batiks as well! Yay!  that was fun.

I was quilting my Corey Yoder "Spring Brook Blossoms" from her 2021 blog--was great fun to sew up a garden of blossoms in different colors.

I was trying out my free form flowers and bugs--I know it looks like some kids' drawings--well, I'll take that compliment! 
I had this small top to place on the end of my longer quilt--don't remember where I got the pattern
For this one, I did my amateurish hearts and along the bottom "Love"
My friend was quilting on this top that she constructed though the $5 Club.  Each month you attend the meeting and bring in your completed block, you can get the next one for $5--she likes doing her quilts this way


You can see her backing at the bottom--here is a better photo of her backing
Butterflies!  Perfect for her flowery garden top.
It was a good day!! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...